Happy Sunday friends! It’s sure feeling like summer here in Chicago (and Michigan)! Perfect weather for my favorite summer dessert pie – Key Lime pie. I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t like Key Lime pie?!
This lucky little pie was made with love to share <3. Our dear friends recently got engaged, so yesterday we celebrated their future together sharing in good company, laughter and Key Lime pie.
I love Martha Stewarts Key Lime pie recipe below and I highly recommend you give it a try!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbs melted butter, cooled
- 5 tbs pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine graham-cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl; mix well. Press into a 9-inch pie plate, and bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, Key lime juice, and zest. Pour into the prepared, cooled crust.
- Return pie to oven, and bake until the center is set but still quivers when the pan is nudged, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Shortly before serving, combine cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon over cooled pie; garnish with zest. Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer pie???
Follow me on Instagram for more adventures in yummy goodness @bakingwithsoul