My fellow blogging buddy Annie, of Give Me Meatloaf, provided great advice and tips as I began to explore developing my own, long-awaited baking blog. Being that I’m new to the blogging world, she’s been happy to answer questions and share her own experiences that have really helped me so far! Recently, Annie’s family friend gifted her a bunch of wonderful Bauli products for Christmas that she shared with me to get creative with on my own blog, which was super thoughtful – thanks Annie! 🙂
When she gave me these mini cakes, the first thing I thought of was “0mg, I can do so many fun decorating things with these”, then I thought “these would make for an awesome bread pudding dessert too”. So first, I’m going to share the recipe I tossed together for my bread pudding. Since these cakes have a sweetness to them, I wanted to balance the sweetness with warm spices and a lemon curd topping. Enjoy this twist on a conventional bread pudding!
- 4 Bauli Authentic Italian Il Pandora Di Verona oven baked cakes
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of 2% organic milk
- 3/4 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Lemon zest from 1 small lemon
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice Bauli cakes into cubes and place into a baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over the cakes and toss with hands to incorporate.
- Using a mixer, beat 4 eggs, then add the milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until well-combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cake pieces. Ensure the mixture has absorbed into the cake by slightly pressing down on the cake pieces using a fork.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown and set.
For the lemon curd:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest.
- Add the water and lemon juice and stir until cornstarch dissolves and the mixture is thickened and bubbly (3-5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Serve immediately overtop the warm bread pudding.
Turned out delicious, beautiful, and well-balanced!
I’m excited for my next adventures with playful decorations of these mini Bauli cakes…stay tuned! In the meantime, I hope your weekend is filled with love and warmth ❤