Happy Monday, I hope your week is off to a good start! This morning I had a major craving for Chocolate Chip Scones which is my favorite breakfast treat but something I don’t have often. For years I’ve had all sorts of silly digestion problems that a healthier diet has made a big difference on (more organic foods, less Gluten/processed junk, etc.), so sometimes it’s nice to toss in a Gluten-free baking recipe here and there for good measure. 🙂
These Chocolate Chip Scones with Coconut happen to be both Gluten and Dairy-free and I certainly can’t taste the difference, they are SO yummy; especially when you grab one just moments after it’s gotten out of the oven! These take just moments to prepare and bake quickly as well so give them a try and bring them into school or work to share with others. ❤
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, coconut and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer, mix together the egg and maple syrup.
- Add the egg mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula. Transfer to a almond-floured surface or pastry board and gently knead a few times until ingredients form together to make a dough. Roll out in a circle until 1/2 inch thick, then cut it into triangles like you would for a pie.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few moments before digging in to enjoy with a cool glass of milk. Yum!
Follow me on Instagram for more adventures in yummy goodness and a little bit of nature and dogs of course 😉 @bakingwithsoul