As a homemade baker who’s baking from scratch 99% of the time, it’s great to have Bauli Cakes around the house for those moments when I want to whip up a delicious sweet treat that’s quick and easy! As I was lounging around this afternoon, I had a craving for this super simple but yummy Trifle that I typically make with angel food cake. Then I remembered that I have a shelf full of various flavors of Bauli Cakes at my disposal which would be a lovely replacement for the angel food cake (plus they’re very pretty looking).
This takes just minutes to make and is a perfect sweet treat to wrap up a warm Spring day.
Ingredients for 2:
- 1 Bauli Cake of your choice; I used the vanilla sponge cake called “Mini Il Pandoro Di Verona”
- Handful of fresh fruit of your choice; I used blackberries and strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- Grab 2 stem-less glasses to be the vehicle for your Trifles and set aside.
- Slice the Bauli Cake in 1/2 inch slices like so:
- Chop your fresh fruit and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, pour in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla and mix on high speed until light and fluffy – this takes just a few moments.
- Place 1 slice of Bauli Cake in each glass, then layer with a generous amount of vanilla cream, followed by the berries. Repeat this process 2 more times until you end up with 3 layers of Bauli Cake and 3 layers of vanilla cream and berries.
Can’t wait to sit outside after dinner this evening and enjoy these quick, easy and yummy little desserts! Happy Saturday ❤
P.S. If you’re looking for a breakfast idea tomorrow morning, check out my Bauli Bread Pudding recipe.
Follow me on Instagram for more adventures in yummy goodness and a little bit of nature and dogs of course 😉 @bakingwithsoul