If you’re looking for an easy win to bake for your Val(Gal)entines this year – this is it! This blondie recipe brings the tangy zest of cream-cheese, and the sweet and tart combination of the chocolate and raspberry all into one for on of my favorite flavor combinations. It doesn’t take long to prepare, is easy to bake and turns out delicious every time!
Prep Time: 10 minutes // Cook Time: 40 minutes // Yield: 16 squares
- 9 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup cream-cheese
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6oz fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter a glass 8inch square baking dish.
- Place the raspberries in a saucepan on low heat for a few minutes to soften and enhance the flavors, then use a blender or food processor to puree them. Strain to remove seeds, then add the raspberry puree into a large bowl with the cream-cheese and chocolate chips. Mix them together until well-combined and set aside.
- Using a mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then add the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the flour and baking soda until well-combined. Place half of the batter into the baking dish. Using a tablespoon, place large spoonfuls of the cream-cheese mixture on top of the batter and spread it out with the back of the spoon; leaving about half of the cream-cheese mixture. Then add another layer of the batter, followed by the remaining spoonfuls of the cream-cheese mixture. Lastly, draw a knife through the batter in a spiral pattern to swirl together the ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until it’s light golden brown and a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Follow me on Instagram for more adventures in yummy goodness @bakingwithsoul
Follow my blog with Bloglovin