If you’re looking for a super yummy, savory and quick treat this is a must try! It’s a perfect savory breakfast side, appetizer or lunch snack. I made this for Aaron and I for an afternoon snack today while I baked other goodies as he worked from home. It’s just so darn good I will definitely be adding this as a more frequent item for us to enjoy!
As much as I love making my own crust, for this I recommend buying the good ol’ fashion Pillsbury buttery pie crust that comes pre-rolled in a circle. It’s less fuss and perfect to ensure this is a quick recipe to toss together and enjoy.
- 1 store-bought pre-made and pre-rolled round pie crust
- 4 ounces of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces of goat cheese crumbles
- 3/4 pound of asparagus, stemmed
- 2 tbs and 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbs of olive oil and minced garlic together.
- In a large bowl, toss together both cheeses with the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg yolk with water and set aside.
- Unroll the pie crust onto the parchment paper and add on the cheese mixture leave 2 inches remaining on the edges. Then place the asparagus on top of the cheese and add pepper. Drizzle the olive oil-garlic mixture on top of the asparagus.
- Begin to fold up the edges of the crust to wrap around the cheese and asparagus; pleating the crust together as you’re folding the crust up. Use a bit of the egg wash mixture to seal the crust together at the points where you are pleating. Then brush the egg wash mixture over the crust.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until cheese is melted, asparagus is tender and the crust is golden brown.
Best served warm shortly after removing from the oven! It’s SO good, enjoy! 🙂
Follow me on Instagram for more adventures in yummy goodness @bakingwithsoul