I love coffee cakes because of the obvious – they go so well with coffee! It’s a tradition at the art studio for the students to share in a potluck at the end of each class session. Most sessions last 10 weeks and are full of meeting new people, learning new techniques about pottery, and learning new things about life in general often times. What I love about our potlucks is that you get to see peoples cooking/baking talents. Most people also opt to serve their potluck dishes in their own artwork they’ve created which is also super fun! For this rounds potluck, I chose this Lemon-Raspberry Coffee Cake!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 tbs softened butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom, or grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a stand mixer, combine the milk, sugar, sour cream, butter, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Then add the dry ingredients and fold together. Lastly, fold in the raspberries and set aside.
- Make the crumb topping by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl, using your hands to break up the butter until a crumble begins to form.
- Spoon the batter into the springform pan, then add the crumble overtop.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Best served warm with your morning cup of coffee!
Follow me on Instagram for more adventures in yummy goodness @bakingwithsoul
2 thoughts on “Lemon-Raspberry Coffee Cake”
Looks so delicious ! Love the crumb topping !!
Amazing blog! Can we repost?