Looking for a quick, easy and festive dessert to celebrate New Years? Strawberries + champagne are a perfect pair and make a fun and tasty cupcake to share with loved ones in the New Year! This recipe will make about 16 cupcakes and takes about 10 minutes to prep, 18 minutes to bake, and 5 minutes to frost.
- 6 large fresh, organic strawberries
- 1 and 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt or 1/2 tsp regular salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup organic 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tbs champagne (I used Lamarca Prosecco)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place liners in cupcake pan.
- Blend strawberries until they are pureed but still containing chunks of strawberry then set aside.
- Mix together your dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter. Add sugar to the melted butter and mix until combined. Add the egg and mix until well combined, then add yogurt, milk and vanilla paste.
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed together, slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl containing the wet ingredients; hand whisking to combine.
- Lastly, add your strawberry puree and combine.
- Fill your cupcake liners till they are 3/4 full allowing room to rise.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out smooth and dry.
- Allow your cupcakes to cool before frosting (15-30 minutes).
- While the cupcakes cool, begin your frosting by creaming together the butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer on medium speed. Ensure the butter is at room temperature to achieve the proper texture. Allow the mixture to become light and fluffy.
- Lastly, add the vanilla paste and champagne and mix until combined.
- Use a pastry bag with a decorative tip of your choice, fill the bag with your buttercream frosting, and frost your cupcakes!
Ready to eat! I can never get enough of the beautiful vanilla paste specs 🙂
Best served with a celebratory glass of champagne to toast to 2017! Wishing you a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!